9.4.10

Advertising on City and Tourist Busses


I decided one day to take a look at what is advertised on busses in the city because such advertising seems to be aimed at, naturally, the commuting population. What advertisers decide it is a good investment to focus on busses?

Interestingly enough, aside from ads for films and events, I saw a lot of ads for tourist destinations. I think this speaks to a population that travels not only for work, but for leisure. Above all, they indicate a population that moves about frequently. I also decided to document a few tourist busses (which seek to advertise themselves) and a few other interesting signs related to transportation.








I found this last one particularly interesting, because of the message it conveys to its (primarily bus-riding) audience about the relative worth of different means of transportation based on cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment